If you are eligible for a flu vaccine you will receive either a text message or a letter inviting you to book an appointment.
You will be able to book on line via Patient Access or by phone if you do not have Patient Access but please go on line if at all possible to reduce pressures on the practice’s telephone system.
We will be administering Flu vaccinations only during the clinic, if you are due any other health checks or vaccinations you will need to arrange these separately. Our aim is to keep you in surgery for the minimal time and maintain social distance and hygiene measures as per public health guidelines.
Please do not attend for your flu vaccination if you have any Covid Systems or have been advised to self isolate.
You will need to:
- Wear a face covering
- Keep to social distancing guidelines
- Follow advice and directions given by reception and nursing staff
- Be prepared to be patient, and possibly queue outside initially.
- Prepare yourself for the vaccination in the waiting area – i.e. Have your upper arm ready for us to vaccinate you when called.
- Come alone (unless this is impossible)
- Stick to your allocated time – don’t come too early
- Children must stay with their parent or guardian at all times and must not be allowed to run around the waiting area. Please strive to bring only the child who is being vaccinated to surgery and leave other children with a carer where possible.
- Leave by the back door as directed by staff.
NB Childrens vaccinations are Live nasal spray. If you are aware of any reason your child should not receive a Live vaccination please discuss this with a Practice Nurse prior to booking the appointment to ensure the appropriate vaccine is available.
We are following advice provided by the department of health for vaccinating individuals. We endeavour to vaccinate our ‘at risk’ patients first before our healthy over 50 years old population, as they may find it easier to book with a community Pharmacy, however vaccines will be on a first come first served basis. For eligibility information please see the following links:
The Government has not made any final decisions regarding COVID booster vaccinations and we will keep you updated here and on our Facebook page, www.facebook.com/RainbowMedCentre.