We are following advice provided by the department of health for vaccinating individuals. Vaccines are now available to anyone over 50. More information can be found on the ‘Free flu vaccinations rolled out to over 50s from December’ page on the Gov.UK website.
You are be able to book by phone or online through Patient Access.
In order to meet the public health need a US vaccination Flublok has been given a temporary UK marketing authorisation by the MHRA for supply in the UK. The product has been used for several years in the US. Further information can be found on the Gov.UK website: www.gov.uk – Flublok vaccine given authorisation for temporary supply in the UK to meet public health need.
Please read the Flublok patient information leaflet before your appointment.
Anyone from a shielding household is also eligible, it is important to bring evidence of same address to your appointment.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic we will be administering Flu vaccinations only during the clinic. If you are due any other health checks or vaccinations you will need to arrange these separately. Our aim is to keep you in surgery for the minimal time and maintain social distance and hygiene measures as per public health guidelines.
You will need to:
- Wear a face covering
- Keep to social distancing guidelines
- Follow advice and directions given by reception and nursing staff
- Be prepared to be patient, and possibly queue outside initially
- Prepare yourself for the vaccination in the waiting area – i.e. Have your upper arm ready for us to vaccinate you when called
- Come alone (unless this is impossible)
- Stick to your allocated time – don’t come too early
- Children must stay with their parent or guardian at all times and must not be allowed to run around the waiting area. Please strive to bring only the child who is being vaccinated to surgery and leave other children with a carer where possible
- Leave by the back door as directed by staff.
Childrens vaccinations are Live nasal spray. If you are aware of any reason your child should not receive a Live vaccination please discuss this with a practice nurse prior to booking the appointment to ensure the appropriate vaccine is available.
For eligibility information please see the following links: